MTRCB Rating: R-16 Approved Without Cuts
Andrea Maglalang (Mercedes Cabral) is a hotel receptionist in Castaway Hotel who is in love with a TV/movie star Sam Lloyd Pascual (Mr. Philippines 2011, Francis Lopez) who is the leading man of Sarah Alonzo (Janelle Manahan). Jeboy Macaraig (Aiza Seguerra) is a private investigator hired to work on Eduardo Villapando (Rey PJ Abellana), the hotel owner who is having an affair with a young girl Melanie Thompson (Bb. Pilipinas 2012 Ms. Photogenic & 2nd-Runner Up Ms. Resorts World 2012, Karen Gallman). Their lives intertwined, Andrea shares a passionate night of love with and gets dumped by Sam Lloyd, and so her psyche begins to unravel in unpredictable and deadly ways.
SOME POINTS ABOUT THE MOVIE:
* Director of Photography is Hollywood’s Daniel Anaya (“From Dusk Till Dawn” and “Titanic”)
* This is Aiza Seguerra’s first-ever indie film
* This is also the first indie film of Jayson Gainza and Ogie Diaz
* This is the first screen appearance of Janelle Manahan after Ramgen Revilla
* Introducing two new beautiful faces from Mr. Philippines and Bb. Pilipinas
* Mercedes Cabral’s dream role as a psycho
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR:
“Bad Romance” is Ian del Carmen’s first full-length feature film after becoming a playwright for theater, a writer in some ABS-CBN shows like “MTB,” “Sharon,” “Lukso ng Dugo,” and “Showbiz No. 1,” among others, and a segment director for “Pinoy Big Brother.”
He studied filmmaking from the Hollywood Film Institute under Quentin Tarantino’s mentor Dov SS. Simens and the International Academy of Film and Television under Hollywood-based mentors like Greg Curda (“The Godfather”) and Daniel Anaya (“From Dusk Till Dawn” and “Titanic”).
His up-coming film projects include three English movies: “Celluloid,” “Sabine,” and the film adaptation of the Amazon bestseller “Rebels of Mindanao.”
On the red carpet premiere of Bad Romance in SM MegaMall:
Bad Romance is now showing at SM MegaMall Cinema 7.
Fashion Ate The Lawyer